Sunday, March 10, 2019

Email March 10, 2019


Email March 10, 2019 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week was great! On Thursday we had zone conference and it was so awesome! It was one of the best zone conferences I've had on my mission. President McClure talked about the symbolism of the tabernacle Israel used in the wilderness and connected it to a person's progress through this life to return to the presence of God. As missionaries, our purpose is to help people prepare to return to God's presence, and there are certain things they have to do to prepare for that, which includes faith, repentance, baptism, and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It really reminded me of the importance of this gospel and increased my drive to share it with others. I also got some ideas about how to help a few of the people we're teaching which was great.
                  Speaking of people we're teaching, Watanabe San still hasn't been able to quit smoking yet so we're still working with him. But we've been getting help from ward members and other missionaries with ideas for how to help him so hopefully he'll be able to stop soon. We've had a few other lessons this week but nothing too exciting. We weren't able to meet with most of the people we're working with last week but this week hopefully they'll continue progressing. Later today we're meeting with a person who some other missionaries found through Facebook, if it goes well I'll let you know next week!
                  That's about it for now, sorry it's short today. I know this church is true, and I know it's the only way to get back to God and live with our families forever. I'm so grateful to have this knowledge! I love you all! Have a great week!
                 
Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment