Monday, March 18, 2019

Email March 18, 2019


Email March 18, 2019 – Elder Jackson Kunzler Burton

Hey Everyone!
                  This week was great! On Saturday we had a lesson with a lady named Fujii San who was a referral from the Moiwa sisters, so we did the lesson with them, and it went really well! We set a baptismal date for April 13! She's very prepared and we're excited to continue teaching her.
                  We also went on exchanges twice this week, I got to go with Elder Gonzalez, who came to the mission at the same time as me, and Elder Beus, one of our zone leaders, and I learned a ton from both of them. I love training but it's always good to be with someone who has more experience once in a while.

                  We also had stake conference yesterday, and it was great! There were talks given by a 13 year old, two returned missionaries, and President and Sister McClure, so it was really centered around missionary work. Afterwards a couple members in our ward came up to us and asked how the people we're teaching are doing and if they can do anything to help. Hopefully some miracles come from this added excitement!
                  I also want to share something I noticed in the Book of Mormon today. I was reading 3 Nephi 28 where Christ grants unto the twelve disciples whatever they desire and it really hit me how careful we have to be with our desires. In the end, everyone will be granted according to their desires, whether those desires be for good or for evil. Like Christ's disciples, even if we desire good, but not the best, we'll be blessed but we won't receive all that Heavenly Father wants to bless us with. So we need to pay attention to what we really want in this life and after this life is over. We can ask God to help us have more righteous desires and if we do our nature can truly change. I've felt that change on my mission and want to continue to increase my desire to serve God and His children. I love this work and I never want it to end! Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment