Monday, August 31, 2015

Email August 31, 2015

Email August 31, 2015 – Elder Kenneth Wm. Burton

Bunch of Burtons

Okay so, I'm currently on splits in Holbæk, my old area! I'll be here for the next few days until I can pick up my new companion and take him back to Horsens. I found out on Thursday that I'll be training a new Elder for the next few month's. So that's exciting! I'll be staying in Horsens as the district leader as well. Wich is also exciting, our district just got two more Elders so now we have a district of ten, six Elders, four sisters. Normally a district has six total, so we have quite a few here. One of my old companions, Elder Sakurada will be coming to open a new area in Aarhus, so it will be fun to see him again. One problem is though I have a guest account on this computer so I don't have very much time to write. I'll just quickly go through the week.

Well I guess I could first let you know that about an hour and a half ago we were involved in a car accident. Holbæk has a car.... and we were driving here to the library to email and a woman came out of a store parking lot and didn't see us. She started pulling out right in front of us so my companion who was driving braked and swerved but then she rammed into the side door right where I was sitting. I'm okay though, luckily she wasn't driving very fast. My arm is slightly bruised, but that's about it. It was scary, that´s for sure. We can't open the passenger side door any more.... so the car took some damage, it still drives though. 

Well, this last week we did tones of service. There is an American couple in the ward who are moving back to the states this week so we were over at there place a couple of times to help get the house ready. Painting, taking down tables, clearing out the kitchen.... just about anything.

After emailing last week we went out like any other day because we switched our preparation day to Saturday so we could go to a medieval festival in Horsens, it was advertised as the biggest in Europe. That was a lot of fun. The highlight was the jousting. I'll send some pictures and videos.

I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time. Thanks for the emails and photos! I love you all! Oh and Happy Birthday Jackson!

Meget Kærlighed,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment