Saturday, August 8, 2015

Email August 8, 2015

Email August 8, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Last week in the MTC!

On Tuesday night we had the great opportunity to have President Nelson of the quorum of the twelve come and speak to us! IT was way awesome! We had been hoping that an apostle would speak to us before we left and it finally happened!  He spoke about becoming epistles of the lord. An Epistle we found out is a formal document or writing. So I think its pretty cool that christ wants us to become living epistles. When we become epistles the words of god and the truth of this gospel are engraved into our hearts and our bone marrow. When that happens then everyone that we come into contact with will be able to feel and know that we are servants of the lord. IT was a wa good talk and I'm super grateful for the opportunity we had to be able to hear from him. 

So we got to skype members again this week! My companion and I were supposed to skype a member in buenos Aires but she didn't answer so instead we got to skype this guy in Madrid, Spain! His name was Jesus and he is a stomach surgeon so I thought that was cool. He said that he is coming to Provo in two months though to get married! And then he's going to do some more school at the University of Utah. It was super cool to get to know him and teach him and it went a hundred times better than our skype last week. we taught him about prayer and how important it is always have sincere prayers. It was a fun experience that make me even more excited to get to argentina.

This week two members of my district got reassigned to different missions because there visas didn't get done in time. One is going to Houston, Texas and the other is going to Pocatello, Idaho. THey are both handling it super well and are excited for the opportunity to serve in two missions. It makes me super happy and grateful though that my visa came through ok. I just have this feeling that I need to get there as soon as possible. I cant wait. It's a weird feeling to know that in only a few days I'll be in a whole different country on the other side of the world. I couldn't be more excited! I'll try to take lots of pictures and send them next week, whenever my P-day is. I have loved the MTC and learned a ton here. It really is an inspired place. I know that I have grown much closer to my savior here and I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that he is always with me. Alma 26:12 is one of my new favorite scriptures. I'm gonna miss the friends that I've made here, but its cool to think that in a few days we'll be all over the world preaching the gospel. It's a cool feeling.

Thanks everyone for all the support and prayers, I hope you all have a great week!


Love, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment