Monday, August 29, 2016

Email August 29, 2016

Email August 29, 2016
Mission tour with Elder Packer

What an awesome, crazy, busy week! We started it off on tuesday by receiving all the new missionaries! I think out of everything that I've done up till now as assistant that has been the best. New missionaries just are so excited to work and get into the field, it's contagious being around them. And it's also kinda fun to see how nervous they are too. It doesn't feel like it was too long ago when that was me. How time flies. So we spent the day with the newbies, training them and helping them feel comfortable, up until they met their trainers. It was fun. We received 9 new missionaries and they are super great. With a little bit of experience theýll be a huge addition to the mission. 

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all spent with Elder Packer and his wife in meetings with the mission. Wow it was awesome. Elder Packer is a member of the first quorum of the 70 and is the first councilor of the area presidency of south america south. They talked a lot about the culture that we need to have in the mission and the way we can change to make that happen. One thing that he said that I really liked was "When something is hard, it's a good sign." I have found that to be very true in the mission and in life in general. When something is hard it's good cause it means we are having to push ourselves and that we are learning and progressing. I've felt that a lot the last few weeks.

On wednesday I had the great opportunity to have an interview with Elder Packer. It was very short, only like 10 or 15 minutes, but it was very powerful. We talked about my time in the mission and the great opportunity that I have to learn from my assignment as assistant. He gave me a few bits of advice to help be be better.What a great experience. It went way to fast.

We found a new family this week that is great! It´s the family Gamallo, The parents are Astrid and Agustin and they have a little three year old boy. they were a referral from the church and are super great. Big time catholics but they have great desires to follow God. He has struggled for a long time with drugs but just got out of rehab a little bit ago and wants to start things off right. I'm excited to be able to help them :)


Well that's been my week, it was a great one :) I hope you guys are all well and that you have a great week! Thanks for all the support!


Les quiero, Elder Burton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment