Monday, September 28, 2015

Email September 28, 2015

Email September 28, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Intercambios, meetings in Banfeild

This has been a pretty good week, kinda slow though cause it was the first week in the new transfer so we had lots of meetings. On thursday my companion had a district leader meeting in Banfeild so I went on a intercambio (exchange) with two other elders for the day which was super fun. I think it helped me improve my spanish a lot because one of the elders is from Peru and didn´t speak any english. Plus he really liked to talk so  was able to talk a lot in spanish that day which was good. It was fun to see how other elders do things in their areas. The area we were in was super pretty, tons of big open fields and tall trees. Way different than my area which is mainly just suburbs. Every apointment that we had for the day fell through though wich was too bad. It was still a pretty productive day though. 

The next day, Friday, we had a meeting for both of us down in Banfeild again. It was for all of the new missionaries and thier trainers. We had the same meeting in my first week here so it was cool to see how much more I got out of it this time. my spanish has difinitly improved a lot this last transfer. One of my good friends from the MTC who is in my district found out at the meeting that he has to go back home to the states to get hernia surgery. That stinks, it was kinda a shock for him but he is excited to see his family. He leaves tonight so we´re gonna have a little goodbye party for him at Burger King before he leaves today.

We set a date for one of our investigators named Maria to get baptised. She had a date a few weeks ago but she didnt make it. Hopefully she´ll make this one, she´s on track for it right now. It´s on October 10th. No better way to celebrate three of my brothers birthdays than with a baptism right?

I hope everyone is well at home, Argentina feels more normal every day. I love this place. Have a great week!


Love, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment