Monday, November 16, 2015

Email November 16, 2015

Email November 16, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Here comes the heat

First off...HAPPY ANIVARSARY MOM AND DAD!! Hope you guys have an awesome day, thanks for everything you do for me and the family. I am so very blessed. Also happy birthday to Clay Bingham, I´m pretty sure his birthday is today too...if not, oh well haha.

This week has been great, it really strengthened my testimony that God is preparing people for us to find and he guides us to those that he has prepared. We found 4 new investigatores this week which is great. That´s the most I´ve had in one week my whole mission so far. We´re pretty happy about that. Two weeks ago we had a gira misional where a member of the 70 spoke and taught us. He spoke a lot on the inportance of always trying to find new investigatores because with out them we can´t have and progressing investigators or bauptisms. So this week my comp and I focused a lot on trying to find new people to teach and it payed off. I remember in the MTC my whole district always had this question of how to know if a thought or feeling was from the spirit or just from ourselves. To answer our question our teacher showed us a segment form a talk of Elder Bednar. In the talk he expained that we don´t need to worry about where it comes from. The scriptures teach us that all good things come from God. So if it´s a a thought or feeling to be better or work harder it comes from the spirit and you should act on it. He also explained that if we are being obediant and living the way we should then the spirit will guide us in the right way without us even realizing it or thinking that we´re acting on a prompting. I definitly think this is true. Many times this week we just happened to be right where we needed to be right when we needed to be there. And now we have 4 new investigatores to teach because of it. The spirit guides us to where we need to be. We just have to live right and be worthy of his guidance. I know this is true.

It´s really starting to heat up here in argentina. And rain, we have awesome rain storms here. Makes for lots of humidity though wich just makes the heat better. Maria was sick this week so she couln´t meet with us at all. We had a appoinment to give her a blessing but when we showed up she wasnt home. We have another with her tonight, we´ll see how it goes.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week! Love you all.


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment