Monday, November 2, 2015

Email November 2, 2015

Email November 2, 2015 – Elder Isaac Kenneth Burton
Transfers!

Great week here in Rafael Castillo Central! On tuesday I had intercambios in another area and when I came back my comp told me that the lesson he had had with our investigator Maria went super well. She decided that she didn´t care anymore about what her daughter thought of her being baptised and she decided that she wanted to be baptized on the 7th of November which is this upcoming saturday! We had the baptizmal interview last wednesday and the zone leaders decided that she needs to strengthen her testimony of the book of mormon before she gets baptized though. SO thats what we´ve been working on with her. We are going to have another interview this wednesday and if all goes well then she can still be baptized this satuday. We´re hoping and praying that all goes well, she wants this so bad. We´ll see how things go. 

They don´t celebrate halloween here in Argentina which is too bad so it was pretty much just a normal day for us. We did buy some ice cream and oreos though for our own little celebration though which was fun. That night a young man in our ward who leaves for his mission to Columbia tomorrow had a little farewell thing at the church and he asked us to be in charge of it. So we shared a message about missionary work and played a fun game and ate a bunch of food. It was a good night.

Halloween afternoon we got the call from the assistants for what whould be happening this next transfer. My comp, Elder Bahena, was transfered to the Banfeild zone where he will be opening a new area, be a trainer, and be a district leader. So he´s gonna have a pretty busy transfer, he´ll do a good job though. I found out that I would be staying in my area and that I will be training a new elder. So I´m moving straight from trainee to trainer which should be fun, I´m super excited for this opportunity. Hopefully I can teach him the ropes and I´m sure I´ll learn a ton myself. The new elders don´t get here untill tomorrow, so thats when I´ll meet him. Today I´m with another elder who will be training this transfer too. Should make for a super fun transfer.

I hope everyone had a great halloween and are doing well. Have a great week!


Les quiero, Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment